Your health care provider needs to make a referral first. Once an appointment is arranged you will be called by our scheduling staff. We will reconfirm the appointment shortly before your appointment and advise you of all the important documents to bring with you.
What to Bring to the Appointment
- A form of identification (Drivers license)
- Physician referral forms if required by insurance
- Pertinent information about your medical and surgical history (may bring additional records or studies done pertaining to the affected area, including old films.)
- Your insurance card
- Co-Payment if applicable
- Plain X-rays, of involved area, within six months: A/P and Lateral
- Closed MRI, of involved area, within six months. May have CT Myelogram if patient has a pacemaker or is otherwise unable to have MRI. (An open MRI is generally not optimal for surgical decision making
What to expect during your appointment
Generally, our offices are open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, except for holidays. Dr. Barry sets aside some days for office visits and other days for surgeries.
After checking in at the front desk with the required information a careful history will be obtained in reference to your complaints and a physical exam will be performed. You will be shown your various diagnostic tests and their meaning. A lively discussion of the next steps will be encouraged along with answering any of your questions. We will help you arrive at a solution that fits your needs. We will help make arrangements to facilitate your appointments and scheduling.
We will spend all of the necessary time to understand your issues, discuss your test results and answer all of your questions. Since the amount of time necessary to accomplish this is variable, please be courteous if we are delayed. We will make every effort to run on time, but each person is important to us.
Due to the fact that we provide Emergency care to those with life threatening illnesses, even after you have confirmed your appointment, Dr. Barry or Dustin Tims, PA-C may be called away. Rarely, your appointment may have to be rescheduled as a result. We regret the inconvenience to you but hope you’ll understand our desire to help patients when they need us the most. If Dr. Barry leaves for an emergency, Dustin Tims PA-C may see you, or Dr. Barry may see you after a delay. Alternatively, we may have to reschedule your appointment. We make every effort to see rescheduled patients as soon as possible.