A graduate of Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Dr. Barry completed his neurological surgery residency at the University of Iowa. Following his year as chief resident, Dr. Barry accepted the invitation to complete a spine fellowship and junior faculty appointment at the University of Iowa. Dr. Barry is the Director of Neurosurgery at Oklahoma Heart Hospital South. He specializes in treating surgical disorders and injuries of the brain, spine and peripheral nerves. Dr. Barry is regarded as an expert in cutting-edge neurosurgical and spine surgery techniques.
Dr. Barry currently serves as faculty in Medtronic’s training courses on the PRESTIGE® Cervical Disc and the direct-lateral approach as well as other minimally invasive procedures. As the first surgeon in the state of Oklahoma approved to perform artificial disc replacement using the PRESTIGE® cervical disc, Dr. Barry instructs other surgeons in the use of this revolutionary technology. Dr. Barry also teaches surgeons nationwide to use the direct-lateral, minimally invasive lumbar fusion technique. Using minimally invasive procedures, Dr. Barry is able to return his patients to their active lifestyles as quickly and safely as possible.
- Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
- University of Iowa, Neurological Surgery Residency, Iowa City, Iowa
- University of Iowa, Spine Fellowship and Junior Faculty Appointment, Iowa City, Iowa
- Outstanding Resident/Fellow Research Award, Cervical Spine Research Society, Miami, Florida
- Appointed Chicago Medical Society delegate to the Illinois State Medical Society House of Delegates
- Distinguished Alumni of the Year Award
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma